Better Health Insurance Choices
UA Health Plans – Banner Health Announcement
- The University of Arizona Health Plans (University Healthcare Marketplace) is talking with Banner Health about a possible change in ownership.
- If The University of Arizona Health Plans transitions into Banner Health, members will be able to access the same services and the same providers that they are able to access today.
- The University of Arizona Health Plans does not anticipate any changes to the current network of providers due to the change.
- Banner Health shares The University of Arizona Health Plans’ commitment to providing excellent care to members and to offering the highest level of customer service to providers.
- This change of ownership, with one of the state’s premier health care providers, has the potential to enhance the quality of services that members receive and improve overall access to care.
- As discussions with Banner Health continue, we will keep you informed.
- If you would like more information, you may call the customer service line at 1-800-582-8686 or contact your provider services representative directly.
The University Healthcare Marketplace (UHM) is a new way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. With one application, you can see all your options and enroll.
UHM will offer essential health benefits, including doctor visits, preventive care, hospitalization, prescriptions and more. You can compare plans based on price, benefits and other features important to you before you make a choice.
Open Enrollment for 2014 has closed. You may apply during Special Enrollment, but you must have a qualifying life event or a complex situation related to applying in the Marketplace. Members of federally recognized tribes and Alaska Native shareholders can enroll and change plans in the Marketplace any time of year. You can enroll in our health plan at www.healthcare.gov or call us at 1-877-874-3938.
The Open Enrollment period for 2015 coverage begins on November 15, 2014.
Use the calculator tool to get an estimate of your eligibility for tax credit subsidies and how much you could spend on health insurance.Click here